6 vs 6 Field Hockey
The 2019 date will be posted in February, please join our mailing list to automatically receive an email once the date has been posted.
Girl's High School (Scholastic): 8th - entering 12th grade
Women's Collegiate: graduated 12th grade - Junior year of college
Women's Open: Seniors in college and older
Men's Open: Age 15+
*All ages are as of the first day of competition, and grades are of the 2018-2019 academic year
- Competition open to teams from all New England States & New York
- Athletes may move up one division but may not move down a division
- There are no mixed gender teams. Athletes may only participate in one division and on only one team
- Goggles are required for all players in the High School division
- Each team must have a minimum of six (6) and a maximum of eleven (11) players (5 players, 1 goalie, 5 substitutes)
- Each team may have one coach
- Goalies must wear a helmet in all divisions
- Full set of rules can be found here
Players are allowed to register as individuals if they do not have a team to participate on. If there are enough free agents, a free agent team will be created. The Bay State Games will do everything possible to place players on a team. However, free agents are not guaranteed participation in the tournament.
If you are interested in being a free agent or are a team in need to players to fill out your roster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each division is divided into pools
- In each division pool winners advance to the championship round
- Team play round robin in their pool for a minimum of three games
- All games are 25 minutes, running time
- All athletes enter as a team; free agents may register through emailing email@example.com
- Bay State Games can adjust the format based upon the number of teams entered
A detailed schedule will be available once all teams have registered for the tournament.