USFS Figure Skating
DOWNLOAD USFS COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Friday, January 3 - Sunday, January 5, 2020
A tentative daily schedule by event is listed in the competition announcement
Competition will be held Friday EVENING for short program only for Juvenile-Senior. All other events will be held on Saturday and Sunday
Lansing Chapman Skating Rink
Williams College - Williamstown, MA
*Williams College is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of the Bay State Winter Games
$100 for the 1st event if you register on or before October 11, 2019
$110 for the 1st event if you register online after October 11, 2019.
$50 for each additional event regardless of when you enter.
An athlete must meet at least one of the following guidelines:
- A full-time resident of Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
- A full-time student at an academic institution in Massachusetts.
- A registered member of a figure skating club in Massachusetts. Athletes entering under this eligibility can not be apart of a non Massachusetts club as well.
Athletes that are Massachusetts residents, full-time students in MA, or a member of a MA skating club will be classified as a participant from Massachusetts for the purpose of distribution of invitations for the State Games of America.
Athletes from Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont, will be classified in the competition as a participant from their state of residency for the purpose of distribution of invitations for the State Games of America per eligibility Rule 4.
The registration deadline is November 8, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (781) 932-6555.
Updating Test Levels
Bay State Games can change the level of a registered participant until November 8, 2019. Bay State Games cannot add additional entrants once the competition is full. Athletes should register now at their current level. Once an athlete is registered, if they pass a test and move up a level, the athlete must contact the Bay State Games office at 781-932-6555 or via email at email@example.com so we can update their registration and place them in the appropriate level. All levels will be determined as of November 8, 2019.
All athletes must be at least 5 years old by January 5, 2020 to be eligible.
ALL USFS EVENTS WILL BE JUDGED USING THE 6.0 SCORING SYSTEM
- Athletes may skate in only one level per event.
- Where offered, athletes may choose Excel (Restricted) OR Well Balanced (Unrestricted) but NOT both
- Athletes may move up one level for both Freestyle and Short Program.
- Male and female athletes will not be combined in any event or division.
Athletes can enter up to three events as noted below:
Bay State Games will offer the Excel (Restricted) free skate program and the Well Balanced (Unrestricted) free skate program.
Event options, by division, are as follows:
- Pre-Preliminary can compete in Free Skate only. Athletes at this level can choose to compete in either Excel Preliminary or Well Balanced preliminary but NOT both.
- Preliminary can compete in Free Skate only. Athletes at this level can choose to compete in Excel Preliminary, Excel Preliminary Plus or Preliminary Well Balanced but, may only compete in ONE.
- Pre Juvenile can compete in Free Skate only. Athletes at this level can choose to compete in Excel Pre-Juvenile, Excel Pre-Juvenile Plus or Pre-Juvenile Well Balanced but, may only compete in ONE.
- Juvenile **new for 2020** can compete in Free Skate AND/OR Short Program. For Free Skate, athletes at this level can choose to compete in Excel Juvenile, Excel Juvenile Plus or Juvenile Well Balanced but, may only compete in ONE.?
- Intermediate can compete in Free Skate AND/OR Short Program. For Free Skate, athletes at this level can choose to compete in Excel Intermediate, Excel Intermediate Plus or Intermediate Well Balanced but, may only compete in ONE.
- Novice can compete in Free Skate AND/OR Short Program. For Free Skate, athletes at this level can choose to compete in Excel Novice or Novice Well Balanced but, may only compete in ONE. There is no Plus level for Novice.
- Junior and Senior can compete in Free Skate AND/OR Short Program. For Free Skate, athletes in Junior or Senior must compete in a Well Balanced program. Excel will not be offered at these levels.
- Adult Gold, Adult Silver, Adult Bronze can compete in Free Skate only.
- Master Senior, Master Junior, Master Novice, Master Intermediate can compete in Free Skate only.
*Athletes may also enter ISI events but are limited to a total of three events (US & IS).
- Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three athletes in each division and event/flight.
- All medalist will receive a 2020 Bay State Games athlete gift.
- Top finishers in each division/event/flight will also receive an invitation to the 2021 State Games of America Figure Skating competition in Ames and Des Moines, Iowa at Iowa State University.
- All registered athletes receive a 2020 Bay State Games T-shirt, a Bay State Games Athlete ID Card and free admission to the athlete pizza party and skating show.
Skating Program Ads
Purchase an ad space in our 2020 Figure Skating Program to wish a figure skater good luck or say thank you to a coach! The ad can include just text or photos and text. Click here for the order form. If you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact the Bay State Games office.
State Games of America
Any skater who wins a gold, silver or bronze medal at the 2020 Bay State Games Figure Skating competition will qualify for the 2021 State Games of America Figure Skating Competition in Des Moines, Iowa. The competition will be held Wednesday July 28, 2021 through Saturday July 31, 2021. All competition ice surfaces will be within 15 minutes of each other.